Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

The topic on number crunching

Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

Postby EGI1965 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm

As embedded engineer I'm taking my first steps into Raspbian Linux (but I also purchased a Banana Pi because it has more powerful SOC and 8Gby flash on-board). Banana uses a reworked Raspbian Jessie where the Raspberry has now Stretch. In both cases, I fail to compile request_irq linux function because the header files are not part of the standard install.
I installed the header files - as explained by various sites - but for some unknown reason I still can't compile the request_irq function even if I put the search directories to the location where I found headers that contain the request_irq function.
I want to achieve maximal power saving with minimal overhead and I can't do that with scripts like Python (in a time where energy saving is encouraged, why do we use such ineffective script languages?). If anybody has tips how to install / use GCC compiler on Raspberry / Banana Pi explaining the complete flow how to install and use the system headers please help.
EGI1965

Re: Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

Postby teprojects1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:46 am

I didn't get it .... :O Who told you that Python consumes more energy than C Language .... :P :D

I think you should go with Python if you are working on Raspberry Pi 3 ..... Python is very powerful language and you can easily do anything with it. If you want I can provide you some learning tutorials.
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects.
teprojects1

Re: Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

Postby EGI1965 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:55 am

Python is way too slow and too power inefficient for what I want to do. I've tried and trashed it for that reason.
EGI1965

Return to Microcontrollers & Embedded