Smart Battery Charger

OBD, CAN, EV, RV

Smart Battery Charger

Postby SteveMJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

I am looking for the design of a "Smart Battery Charger", there is at least one that claims to offer restorative features for a car's 12V battery.

I do not know the algorithms or techniques that these use and was searching here for any designs that could be made by me.

Has anyone a design or information on the algorithms used to charge, float charge and restore 12V lead-acid based batteries?

Thanks

I am not sure I am allowed to post links to commercial products, but here goes. I am thinking something like this: https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/mxs-10
SteveMJ

Re: Smart Battery Charger

Postby teprojects1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:52 am

When it comes to Smart Battery Charger, then you should first have a look at MPPT Charging. It's maximum power point tracking and its like you are adjusting the values of current and voltage to get the optimized results. So give it a search and will discuss out more.
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects.
teprojects1

Re: Smart Battery Charger

Postby SteveMJ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 am

teprojects1 wrote:When it comes to Smart Battery Charger, then you should first have a look at MPPT Charging. It's maximum power point tracking and its like you are adjusting the values of current and voltage to get the optimized results. So give it a search and will discuss out more.

Hello,

Thank you for that. I have now looked up MPPT and that applies to optimising energy transfer from solar panels.
I was looking for something that might restore sulphated lead acid batteries as well as charge. There was a project in March/April 2017 (sorry I can't find a link to it) that claimed to de-sulphate.

Regards
SteveMJ

Return to Automotive Electronics