Wanted: Information on GP Industrial Electronics XP640 EPROM

Miscellaneous subjects not necessarily technical

Wanted: Information on GP Industrial Electronics XP640 EPROM

Postby retrohunter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi Forum members,
I am interested in older (circa 1980's) embedded systems and would like to know if anyone has any information on, or examples of the GP XP640 EPROM Programmer and its associated peripherals. The peripherals were designated the XU620 Programming Adapter and the XM512 Emulator Adapter. Any, and all information is welcome. Real life examples of the equipment would be a real delight!
This request will also be posted on other topic forums.
Thanks for your help!
retrohunter

Re: Wanted: Information on GP Industrial Electronics XP640 E

Postby Topaazy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 pm

hey,im also intresting about it.

This post is a request for information on The GP Industrial Electronics XP640 EPROM Programmer. This device was manufactured in the mid 1980's and a few still exist (I have one, hence this post). The machine had a few attachments to allow it to program EPROMs larger than 28 pins and also to act as an EPROM Emulator.

The additional attachments were the XU620, with various pods for different devices and microprocessors of the era. The EPROM Emulator was designated the XM512.

I located a review of the XP640 and XM512 in the July 1985 issue of Electronics Today International (Australia).

I would be interested in finding more information about this machine and whether anyone has examples of the programmer or attachments. I am willing to purchase any items related to this device (at a reasonable price + shipping).

Documentation would be very useful. Please see Matthieu Benoit's website for further info.
Regards to all.
Topazy!
Best development in thelast year of 2017"Bitcohen".
Topaazy

Re: Wanted: Information on GP Industrial Electronics XP640 E

Postby retrohunter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

Hi Topaazy,

What information are you after? I may be able to help.

retrohunter
retrohunter

Return to Non Technical