Membership using Apple Products..?

Miscellaneous subjects not necessarily technical

Membership using Apple Products..?

Postby ThommoHawk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:15 am

Hi all -

I have recently purchased a Green membership hoping to read some articles whilst on vacation but have had difficulties. I tried using an iPad2 with no luck and also a MacBook Pro, also with no joy. The MacBook was running Yosemite 10.10.1 with all updates current but when using Safari as the browser, I can log on to my account, see the magazine cover pages, but whenever I try to open a magazine to view inside it I am unable.

Does anyone know the answer to this? is it only possible from Windows based products for instance? or could I use another method on my Mac to view instead...?

Any guidance would be appreciated. :)

Paul.
ThommoHawk

Re: Membership using Apple Products..?

Postby ag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi Paul,

I just grabbed my wife's iPad-Air, and I also had problems finding a way to get to the magazine content. I finally found that if I scroll all the way down to the bottom of the homepage after logging in, there is a link which says "Elektor GREEN and GOLD Members can download their digital edition here". After clicking on that link, I came to a page where I must again log in, and then I could select the desired magazine and view the content. Not sure what a download is on an iPad, but if that exists, I suppose it is possible there as well.

Please try if that is any help for you.

Regards,
Ag
ag

Re: Membership using Apple Products..?

Postby ThommoHawk » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks for the reply ag -

I am hoping it is just a delay in processing my membership as I notice the 6-day delay mentioned in my membership confirmation email that I received on 28th Dec. I followed your instructions and the main homepage does allow me to login with username and password, then when I navigate to magazines, select an issue, I can see the link you mention for Green/Gold membership downloads and when I click on that I do get taken to another site, which looks specific to the issue selected and has another member login panel on the right hand side. This is where the system fails me in that when I enter the same email address and password I used for the main elektor site I get an error message saying:

"An error occurred during login. Most likely you didn't enter the username or password correctly. Be certain that you enter them precisely as they are, including upper/lower case. Another possibility is that cookies might be disabled in your web browser."

I have tried emailing them but not had a reply as yet so will give it a few more days and then enquire again.

Thanks...
ThommoHawk

Return to Non Technical