The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 1st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Platino Solder Station

Equipment, circuits, projects, procedures

Platino Solder Station

Postby KenArton » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi All,
On page 115 of the latest Elektor magazine (Jan-Feb 2016) under Err-electronics, there is an update by K.-L.Buttke
on the SMD solder station. He describes a touch sensor on the soldering iron handle, so that the 15 min timer is
reset every time the sensor is touched. I have attempted a similar solution, but just using a microswitch on the
holder which closes to reset the timer every time the soldering iron is lifted. I think this is simpler, and it
avoids having sense wires on the iron itself.

However, my problem is that I've never been able to use it because I cannot edit the code, and this is because
I have not been able to get hold of the final valid version of the source code. If anyone reading this, perhaps
K.-L.Buttke himself (herself?), can direct me to the location of the source code, I would be very grateful.
Even better would be if K.-L.Buttke could make his edited version of the code available.

Many thanks, Ken.
KenArton

Return to Test & Measurement