RED PITAYA and connection to the net

Equipment, circuits, projects, procedures

RED PITAYA and connection to the net

Postby oliles76 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:35 am

Hi, I bought a red pitaya 10 days ago and I received it. The problem I have is just that I can't connect my Red pitaya to the net. I visited redpitaya/turniton as indicated in the documentation and when I tried the three possibilities to be connected, any of them run :roll:
when I switch on, my RED PITAYA, connected to my box, two LED lit and a third one blink and I see the green led of the LAN plug which blinks but impossible to communicate with my red pitaya. I tried to use Putty and a direct connection to my PC, I have a message CONNECTION TIMED OUT and nothing happened. I have installed the driver as described in the manual, normally, I have should have a new port COM created, I don't see it ????? :( . I didn't try yet WITH Linux; I Think I should have an informatic problem but don't see which one could block me .
I have win 7 64 bits, 6 Go of RAM, I use the sd card I bought with my red pitaya, it's class 4 / 4 Go.
Could someone help me please.
Thanks in advance.
oliles76

Re: RED PITAYA and connection to the net

Postby ghp » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:30 am

From the manual:
By default, Red Pitaya obtains its network settings using DHCP protocol (see Figure 3). If no reply from the DHCP server is obtained within 20 seconds, Red Pitaya will configure its network interface to:
- IP address: 192.168.1.100
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0

In this case, your PC needs to be in 192.168.1.0/24 range, if you want to establish a TCP connection (eg. SSH)
ghp

Return to Test & Measurement