The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

500 ppm LCR Meter: ComPort.

Equipment, circuits, projects, procedures

Postby behemw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 am

Hi,

In the excitement of the discovery of the "AU2011.exe": I connected the main board to my Laptop (via USB) and after showing the message "found new device" and "found Driver , "device Ready, I check at Device manager for the ComPort# and it was ComPort16. Turn switch SW1 "ON" and run the program (in Window7).

When the program in "Open Com" ask me to select one of the different "Com#" (com3,com4...or com16)
Every time that I have select the port Com16 and press START", the same message above the "START" key ask for Open Port. After a few manipulation & restart the computer, I was able to communicate with the LCR meter and start the section "Offset compensation". The values showing in the window where in the range.
At that point I had to shut down the computer.

When I restarted the next day, the same scenario happens : I couldn't chose the "Com16" in "Open Port".
Than I decided to update the driver: same thing. Every time that I select "START" Same message pops up asking "Open Port"

In my frustration I look at "Tools" and saw " Firmware update" and decide to do an update.... Big mistake!
When the message on the window said "no file found ( file.hex) I decide to look in the program file and saw"LCR3A_firmware_V230.hex" and click on.... and now I have the regular screen and the "START" key doesn't do anything and in "PORT" there is no response when I click on "Select Port" (grey out).
I delete the program files and un-installed the driver and reload the program from the website, instal the the Driver. When I run the program same thing happens: I can not select a Port from the "Port Tab, it is still grey out.

I don't want to touch any button, or doing other manipulation till I get some suggestion from the Forum.

Thank you for reading this long message.

Jacques
behemw

Postby snoopy_94 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:00 am

behemwHi,

In the excitement of the discovery of the "AU2011.exe": I connected the main board to my Laptop (via USB) and after showing the message "found new device" and "found Driver , "device Ready, I check at Device manager for the ComPort# and it was ComPort16. Turn switch SW1 "ON" and run the program (in Window7).

When the program in "Open Com" ask me to select one of the different "Com#" (com3,com4...or com16)
Every time that I have select the port Com16 and press START", the same message above the "START" key ask for Open Port. After a few manipulation & restart the computer, I was able to communicate with the LCR meter and start the section "Offset compensation". The values showing in the window where in the range.
At that point I had to shut down the computer.

When I restarted the next day, the same scenario happens : I couldn't chose the "Com16" in "Open Port".
Than I decided to update the driver: same thing. Every time that I select "START" Same message pops up asking "Open Port"

In my frustration I look at "Tools" and saw " Firmware update" and decide to do an update.... Big mistake!
When the message on the window said "no file found ( file.hex) I decide to look in the program file and saw"LCR3A_firmware_V230.hex" and click on.... and now I have the regular screen and the "START" key doesn't do anything and in "PORT" there is no response when I click on "Select Port" (grey out).
I delete the program files and un-installed the driver and reload the program from the website, instal the the Driver. When I run the program same thing happens: I can not select a Port from the "Port Tab, it is still grey out.

I don't want to touch any button, or doing other manipulation till I get some suggestion from the Forum.

Thank you for reading this long message.

Jacques

There is a setting file where the first selected COMPort is saved. I think you have to delete this file and start again.
Settings file is located
- OSX and Linux: $HOME/.config/FRAUBRJ/AU2011 x.x.x.ini
- Windows: %APPDATA%\FRAUBRJ\AU2011 x.x.x.ini

Also take care to not have two instances of the program AU2011.exe running at the same time! The second program can never open the same port!

After a firmware update, it is a good thing to stop the LCR-Meter and the program and restart.

New versions (firmware and program) are ongoing, and should solve all problems.

Jean-Jacques
snoopy_94

Postby behemw » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 am

Hello every one,

After a couple weeks of calibrating (ON and OFF) the LCR Meter , I came to the PGA phase adjustments.
I was aiming to achieve a phase shift of 0 .Every thing was responding to the adjustment till the main program window froze and was not responding to the adjustment... and a message came up :
"No Answer From Device on Port COM16 - Port Closed - Try Again".

I try again and again same message .
I reload the program from website - delete file "FRAUBRJ"
Uninstalled Driver. Connect LCR( SW1 OFF) Meter with new cable and reinstalled Driver manually

Restarted the AUX2011 program ( LCR SW1 ON).... same message.
recheck the Voltages:
Tip12= +4.77 V
Tip13= -4.65 V
Tip15= +2.99 V
Tip14= -2.50 V
Tip 8= +2.50 V

Any suggestion?
behemw

Return to Test & Measurement