The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Help needed for OZ2CPU wattmeter calibration

Equipment, circuits, projects, procedures

Postby rotilom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:00 am

Hello,
I'm looking for someone who has successfully calibrated the milliwattmeter 0Z2CPU with AD8307 and PIC16F876A published in 2002 issue.
I think there is a problem in the program itself and the conversion between decibels and output voltage of the AD8307.
Thank you in advance and best regards.
rotilom

Postby yo8tjj » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 am

Hello,

i have successfully programmed and calibrated the OZ2CPU's watt-meter and i can assure you that is working with the nice resolution it has (+/-0.5dB i think). There is no problem about conversion and so on. Follow the steps described on author's website and you will be able to calibrate it well! Use 0dB power source (assure that you measure/know exactly your signal source and it is verified/calibrated ). Do this for all bands and take care about input attenuator (3X100Ohm resistors @ input).
Noise floor shall be somewhere around -57 to 60dB.

If you can not manage to calibrate please contact me at andrey _ pcip [ @ ] yahoo. com (remove spaces ..).

All the best! Andrei YO8TJJ
yo8tjj

Postby rotilom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:00 am

Hello Andrei,

Many thanks for your answer.
I just send you an e-mail about this topic

Best 73s from Pierre F6IDT
rotilom

Return to Test & Measurement