The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Audio DSP Board programming

HiFi, LoFi, Tubes, Transistors, ICs, Commercial, DIY

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:00 am

Hi all

I'd like to experiment with Audio DSP Board to implement a non conventional algorithm able to detect the pitch of a violin sound , produce a digital pulse each time the note changes , and last , modulate the dry input to produce a special kind of modulation by multiplying the input signal and an attenuator / filter function . In such a way i'd like to convert the sound of the fiddle into a sound similar to the one of some exotic hawai guitar ( funny ) , but i wonder if i can write my own blocks for the sigma graphical environment or i can use just the building blocks provided by the program. I coud'nt find a good documentation about this.

bye
Stefano

Re: Audio DSP Board programming

Postby Ravindra » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello Stefano,

The SigmaStudio graphical tool is very nice and user friendly.
There are low level blocks such as basic arithmetic functions, logic gates, multiplexers, switches and high levels blocks too.
In short, using these blocks you should be able to make your own custom flow that you can download into the EEPROM. The best part is that you can change the parameters online to hear the effect.

The SigmaDSP forum on the Analog Devices website is very active. Do check it out.

Ravindra.
Ravindra

Return to Audio & Video