The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Q-Watt

HiFi, LoFi, Tubes, Transistors, ICs, Commercial, DIY

Postby thijsbeckers » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am

Hi Eskwadrat,

I'm a little surprised the kit took that long to arrive. I'll look into that. As for the beaten up packet - thank you carrier - the situation in the US seems to be (much) worse then in Asia or even the Middle East, where we also ship without much troubles. We try to make sure to properly pack our products, but when someone decides it would be fun to check whether the carton is waterproof or use it as shark bait, then we are out of options...

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment about the missing heat sink for IC1, but our reasoning for omitting it was the same as for the big heat sink. I hope it'll not rain on your parade...

The components in the kit are the same type as the ones used in our prototype, which produces the measurement results as published. I'm sure using 1% resistors will not deteriorate the specs.

The case looks like a very solid design. I'd love to read about your progress and see the end result!

Cheers,
Thijs
thijsbeckers

Postby eskwadrat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:00 am

No problem at all. The parts were packed in sturdy two separate anti-static boxes so they survived shipment. I mentioned about planning to use 1% resistors just because I have bunch of these in my small inventory. I am sure included 5% ones will great job as described in article. So no mistake here, just my humble comment. Thanks guys!
eskwadrat

Re: Q-Watt

Postby eskwadrat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 pm

It has been while since my last update, but I wanted to share that the build of subject amplifier is progressing. There was slight delay in the project and then it took me couple of months to get the actual enclosure/chassis design wrapped up and made overseas but I finally got it in my hands. So the final assembly has already begun. I sure hope to get you guys some pictures soon when it is completed. :mrgreen:
eskwadrat

Previous

Return to Audio & Video