The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

2012 Pre-amp

HiFi, LoFi, Tubes, Transistors, ICs, Commercial, DIY

Postby muskyhuntr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Pierre,

Like your case a lot. Any chance you have any pictures of the inside. Really like the wood.

Jim
muskyhuntr

Postby redjr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 am

This project is the first where I've used XLR jacks and hence do not have any prior working experience with them. My question is; I bought and used the plastic style that have 2 adjacent holes for mounting and securing to a plate. It appears that these screw holes are not threaded and therefore you would need to used self-tapping screws, or a nut. Is that the case? Also, it appears they are 2mm in size. Can someone confirm these two little facts about XLR jacks? Thx.

Rick

PS. My panels arrived today from FPE. They look fabulous, but I will have some issue getting everything mounted properly. Mostly design issues from my-end. FPE workmanship is superb - including packaging. Well done FPE! Being my first layout and use of FPE, I'd say it was a pretty good experience. Next time I won't tackle something as advanced. Pictures to follow.
redjr

Re: 2012 Pre-amp

Postby Papa Alpha Tango » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi all

I build a stand alone Phono Preamp form the Phono PCB with an external Power Supply. This Project was for a Friend who bought a new Turntable at Christmas this Year.
I will make make a Soundcheck in the next few days and I'm very exited how it will sound.
Here some Pics from my Preamp :)
Attachments
2015-01-07 20.32.30 (Medium).jpg
2015-01-07 20.44.41 (Medium).jpg
2015-01-07 20.31.23 (Medium).jpg
Papa Alpha Tango

Previous

Return to Audio & Video