The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

2012 Pre-amp

HiFi, LoFi, Tubes, Transistors, ICs, Commercial, DIY

Postby pier123 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 am

Hi all,

My name is Pierre. I'm French.
(I write in English with Google translator.)
I'm having some problems with mounting the preamp 2012.
Can I afford to ask you some questions to try to solve my little problem?
With my thanks in advance.

Pierre.

http://www.elektor.fr/forum/forum/forums-generaux/haute-fidelite/preamp-2012-elektor.2225134.lynkx?pageStart=1
pier123

Postby muskyhuntr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Pier123,

Please post your questions. If I can help, I will. If not, there are several others watching this thread who might help.

Jim
muskyhuntr

Postby pier123 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 am

Hello Muskyhuntr,

LLLL my platinum does not work. (LEDs do not light.)
Have you made any changes with respect to the component values​​?
Should there be special LEDs?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Pierre.
pier123

Postby muskyhuntr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Pier123,

My LLLL board was built using only parts suggested in the parts list for the project. The only exception is that I used a blue LED to match my power on LED. That shouldn't affect the outcome.

Jim
muskyhuntr

Postby pier123 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 am

Hello, hello Muskyhuntr,

Thank you for your answer.
LED flashing with the music works.

When should turn the other LED's on this board?

The French magazine is not very well translated and some details are missing ...
On platinum allimentation must necessarily isolate regulators!
On the same plate, I think R6 and R7 are false ... There are more than the 1.2 K 12K.
Otherwise, I did some tests on a track. It works well.

How do you face the back of the case?

For the front, I'll check with Shaeffer. But I can not draw the back ... I may be leaving a large rectangular hole but it will not be beautiful.

A later read you.
If you can answer my two quesrions, it will be very nice of you.
With all my excuses not speak your language.
Thank you.
Pierre.
pier123

Postby pier123 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Muskyhuntr,

I'm asking a lot of questions and I did not do my work.
I fix this error.
Good evening.

Pierre.
Attachments
D-montage.jpg
pier123

Postby muskyhuntr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Pier123,

I think your questions are referring to the power supply board. The 2 LED's should light up any time power is applied to the board. As far as isolating the regulators, I did so to mine and have seen a number of posts that have done the same. Cost is minimal and will not hurt even if not needed. My board is permanently mounted, but if I recall, the heat sinks are isolated from the rest of the circuitry. I am using 12K for R6 and R7. The LED's have ample brightness.

There is a LED on the Front Panel Board, this will light when power is turned on.

The rear panel is giving most every one problems. I have heard others talk of just cutting a rectangle and being done with it. As you point out, not very pretty. The big problem with doing the rear panel is that when soldering the components to the boards, the holes were a bit large, allowing some movement of the parts. The RCA's seem to be the worst. Thus taking a few measurements and using mathematics to lay out the board does not work. If you do a correct layout on one board, it probably wont work for the other.

This is what I am doing:

I am using Front Panel Designer (Shaeffer) to lay out the panel. I do a print out (in wire mode at 100%) after each set of adjustments. I then cut out the holes using a very sharp x-acto knife and fit it over the board. If every thing is not centered, I go back to Designer and make the necessary adjustments, usually a few thousands at a time. Do one board at a time or it will take forever to get it right. Once everything seems to line up, I do a final print out and glue it to a piece of plastic board. Once dry, I roughly drill out the holes and file them as close to the middle of the lines as I can. If every thing lines up and all parts are centered, I'm done, if not I get to start over again. I then repeat the process for the other board. As of now, I have the holes for one board done and I am in the process of filing out the holes for the second board. This process takes time. I have at least 30 hours into this and have printed out 60 to 70 sheets of paper. Once I have everything to my liking, I plan to go back and increase all of the hole sizes a few thousands to allow some wiggle room. This is a lot of work, but I think the pre-amp is worth it.

This is just a short explanation on what I am doing with the rear panel. If you have any questions about what I am doing, please ask. If you wish, I can email you a copy of my file when I am done. Remember that it will have to be adjusted to fit your specific boards.

Jim
muskyhuntr

Postby thijsbeckers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

MuskyhuntrIf you wish, I can email you a copy of my file when I am done. Remember that it will have to be adjusted to fit your specific boards.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Nice to hear you seem to enjoy this project! Maybe you are willing to share your efforts with this forum for the fellow enthusiasts?

Best regards,
Thijs
thijsbeckers

Postby pier123 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Jim,

I make small sentences.
If the translator does not work well.
Thank you very much for your long answer.
It is essential to isolate the radiator.
They are all connected by the mass.
Look at the diagram of the power supply.
For LEDs, I was wrong.
They are on the plate of the connectors.
On this plate, there are two LEDs.
LED flashing with my music works.
But another of the same plate LED does not light.
Which controls the second LED?
I'm trying to make a wooden box.
I'm going to the front at Schaeffer
For the rear, I do not know ...
When I did my test, nothing warmed ...
But I did the tests on a single channel.
It's boring to talk like a fool.
Because I do not speak English
But I may be a fool ...
I await your reply to this LED ...
And thank you very much.
When I sign each time the translator wrote "stone".
It makes me laugh a lot.

Pierre.
pier123

Postby pier123 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

Jim,

Excuse me,
You gave me the answer.
I did not understand.
I did my tests without going through the switch.
This is why the LED does not light.
I'm sorry to have bothered you.

"A bientôt"

"There is a LED on the Front Panel Board, this will light when power is turned on."

Pierre
pier123

PreviousNext

Return to Audio & Video