The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Preamp 2012 - Potentiometers

HiFi, LoFi, Tubes, Transistors, ICs, Commercial, DIY

Postby eltonp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 am

Hello folks... I'm having a nightmare trying to find the VISHAY SPECTROL - 14920F0GJSX13102KA... there's no stock anywhere and Newark/Farnell keep pushing shipment date forward... anyone with the same issue? anyone used an alternate component? - the one mentioned in the article is also not available...
eltonp

Postby justin thyme » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 am

Farnell also stock the plastic track version, which is the same part number except beginning 148.....
Though they only had two remaining in stock when I looked!
justin thyme

Postby muskyhuntr » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:00 am

The Bourns series 51 Series might work. I put together a part number from their data sheet 51ABD-B24-A10L. (I put this number together quickly and it could be wrong). Doing a search on that part number shows a 10 week back log. I have ordered the 14920F0GJSK13102KA's from Newark. Will take a wait and see before doing something else.
muskyhuntr

Postby redjr » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:00 am

I ordered them too from Farnell and now have an expected delivery of sometime in August. That date was moved up from late September. Price and availability almost caused me to abandon the project. But now I have all PCBs completed except for the pots. Now if we all can only convince Elektor to offer a nice pre-drilled enclosure that would be really nice. I'm ready to sign up for one.

redjr
redjr

Postby redjr » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 am

Hey guys -

UPDATE - I just got a notice from Newark that they've invoiced my 3 BO Vishay pots. Great news! Once I get the invoice email notice I know shipping usually happens within a couple of days. They're coming from Farnell in Europe, but they do use UPS. So, if you've been waiting for awhile too, maybe you'll get a notice as well. Can't wait to get this bad-boy pre wired up to hear how it sounds - sans any mistakes!
redjr

Return to Audio & Video