raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

The topic on number crunching

raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

Postby shaoul » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:55 am

hi,
i bought a raspad 'kit' and a pi3 through elektor. i received the kit.
i bought separately a micro-usb card (micro-usb card with specific raspbian OS is not offered on elektor site)

in the kit, i could not find any url to download the OS (raspbian PLUS some extras). so i grabbed an official raspbian. that went wel BUT the touch-screen is not recognized

any help would be welcome. thanks
shaoul

Re: raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

Postby rogermorrell » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:13 pm

Did you have any success
I tried to go to the raspad web site www.raspad.com and it does not exist ?

roger
rogermorrell

Re: raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

Postby rogermorrell » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:13 am

Problem solved

I had started with a NOOBS SD card from element 14 bought over the counter. It started up OK and in general the RasPad ran ok but when I tried to load extra items such as matchbox-key board it could not find them. I tried changing the repository in the /etc/apt with not success. Then I I found I had another NOOBS SD card from Element 14 so tried starting over , that was worse and would not even boot. It went to the screen showing a "rainbow of colors" and hung. Upon research I found that this was because the OS was too old for hardware. So i then built a new NOOBS SD from www.raspberrypi.org. This loaded perfectly and I was able to do the apt-get to load the matchbox-keyboard and some other items I needed. The keyboard loads OK but I have not yet explored fully it's use.

The lesson learned is that while the 'ready to use' NOOBS sd cards that I had used sometime back , and tried this time because I did not want to down load seemed like a good idea and might save time, did not work well. Probably because they were old stock in the store and not the latest - and in the first case I did and update and upgrade it still did not work properly .... and I found that creating my own NOOBS SD card was not all that hard, just a bit time consuming downloading and copying NOOBS to a blank SD card.

Roger
rogermorrell

Return to Microcontrollers & Embedded