WLAN for MicroControllers - Lazurus Code

The topic on number crunching

WLAN for MicroControllers - Lazurus Code

Postby jcdammeyer » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:36 pm

As a Delphi Programmer for many decades I thought I'd give Lazarus a try since the JAN/FEB-2016 article mentioned using it for the ESP8266 interface.
I downloaded and installed Lazarus and observed it's very much like the Delphi5 user interface. Ran a few of the example programs and then downloaded the Article Project code.
How incredibly disappointing!
Where I was expecting to see a full Lazarus project that duplicated the drawings in Figure 5,6 instead there's an executable and a readme that reminds the user to download the openSSL and keep the two attached files in the same folder as the EXE.
I suspect for many readers the firmware interface to STM module is pretty easy. Sending ASCII characters out a serial port.
But 6 paragraphs for the PC, Android and iPhone and a hint of the power of the free Lazurus but no source code makes the entire project article pointless.
All in all very disappointing.
In keeping with the philosophy of twitter magazines like Elektor are opting for lots of articles with very little content. I'd have rather seen the 3 pages preceding this article which are just glitz replaced with more substance in the article.
jcdammeyer

Re: WLAN for MicroControllers - Lazurus Code

Postby waltert » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 am

Hello John,

Thanks for your comments. As author of this article, I am happy about each reader of it. But please consider, this is a STM32/ESP8266 article and not a Lazarus one.
So I added this PC client as a service to the readers and have provided just the Exe into the project. It is a useful utility, which acts as TCP/UDP server and client running with IPv4 or IPv6 using optional SSL.
If you want to extend the functionality with source modifications, you have to perform the following steps:
1. Download and install Lazarus and FreePascal
2. Download and install the component INet
3. Download and install OpenSSL
In the INet package you will find a Lazarus project called testnet including all sources and forms. This could be the base for you for your own projects.

Have fun with your projects!

Walter
waltert

Postby bilalmalikuet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:59 pm

Which microcontroller you are using ? I am working on a similar project.
I love to read microcontroller project and electrical projects ideas from Microcontrollers lab. I love to develop useful products using microcontroller for my lab.
bilalmalikuet

Postby waltert » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Sorry for my later answer. I used in this project a STM32F103 running at 72 Mhz.
Have fun with your projects!
Walter
waltert

Return to Microcontrollers & Embedded