Embedded Linux with ADE7754

The topic on number crunching

Postby ag » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:00 am

Hi embedded Linux enthusiasts,

I found in the gnublin-develop-kernel under .../Linux-3.3.0-lpc313x/drivers/staging/iio a subfolder named "meter", which contains .c- und .h-files for various Analog Devices DSPs, among others ADE7754 www.analog.com/en/analog-to-digital-converters/energy-measurement/ade7754/products/product.html).

There happens to be a data logger integrated into my solar power grid which is built upon an ADE7754, and since the data sheet states that the ADE7754 can be accessed via a serial port interface, I would like to use my Elektor-Linux-Board to read out the power measurement data.

I don't want to spend $253 for the evaluation kit, and without it I am having trouble understanding how the programming should be done. Has anyone by chance had any experience with this device, and could perhaps help me out with a template program for accessing it from Linux?

Many thanks and best regards,
Ag'
Ag
ag

Re: Embedded Linux with ADE7754

Postby ag » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Well, I haven´t given up yet. In the meantime I have gone through about everything the net has to offer regarding this, without making any real breakthrough. Since the evaluation board from Analog Devices is still too expensive for me, I decided to create a breadboard version for only a fraction of the cost. Both the associated calibration program (ADE7754Cal.exe) and evaluation software (ADE7754EVAL r3p1.exe) work on it without any problems (except for the temperature readout being way off). Unfortunately, my expectations on the evaluation software were disappointed. But at least I now have a tested hardware platform with which I can perform tests of my upcoming attempts to do some programming for the ADE7754. I found a few examples for ADE775x devices which I will try to adapt.

As before, any helpful hints are welcome ;)
Attachments
ADE7754_Eval.jpg
ADE7754 Evaluation Board breadboard clone
Ag
ag

Postby bilalmalikuet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:27 am

I want to start learning embedded linux. Can anybody tell me from where should I start? What is the best best to get start with embedded linux?

thanks
I love to read microcontroller project and electrical projects ideas from Microcontrollers lab. I love to develop useful products using microcontroller for my lab.
bilalmalikuet

Postby theenggprojects » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:12 am

You should try this list of Final Year Projects: http://www.theengineeringprojects.com/2 ... jects.html
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects and PIC Mirocontroller Projects and have also designed many new Proteus Tutorials and C# Tutorial. I hope you guys are gonna like them.
theenggprojects

Return to Microcontrollers & Embedded