The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 1st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

The topic on number crunching

raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

Postby shaoul » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:55 am

hi,
i bought a raspad 'kit' and a pi3 through elektor. i received the kit.
i bought separately a micro-usb card (micro-usb card with specific raspbian OS is not offered on elektor site)

in the kit, i could not find any url to download the OS (raspbian PLUS some extras). so i grabbed an official raspbian. that went wel BUT the touch-screen is not recognized

any help would be welcome. thanks
shaoul

Re: raspad - cannot find driver for touchscreen

Postby rogermorrell » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:13 pm

Did you have any success
I tried to go to the raspad web site www.raspad.com and it does not exist ?

roger
rogermorrell

Postby rogermorrell » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:13 am

Problem solved

I had started with a NOOBS SD card from element 14 bought over the counter. It started up OK and in general the RasPad ran ok but when I tried to load extra items such as matchbox-key board it could not find them. I tried changing the repository in the /etc/apt with not success. Then I I found I had another NOOBS SD card from Element 14 so tried starting over , that was worse and would not even boot. It went to the screen showing a "rainbow of colors" and hung. Upon research I found that this was because the OS was too old for hardware. So i then built a new NOOBS SD from www.raspberrypi.org. This loaded perfectly and I was able to do the apt-get to load the matchbox-keyboard and some other items I needed. The keyboard loads OK but I have not yet explored fully it's use.

The lesson learned is that while the 'ready to use' NOOBS sd cards that I had used sometime back , and tried this time because I did not want to down load seemed like a good idea and might save time, did not work well. Probably because they were old stock in the store and not the latest - and in the first case I did and update and upgrade it still did not work properly .... and I found that creating my own NOOBS SD card was not all that hard, just a bit time consuming downloading and copying NOOBS to a blank SD card.

Roger
rogermorrell

Postby tobyjones » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:27 am

The same here. I couldn't find any url to download the OS (raspbian PLUS some extras)
tobyjones

Return to Microcontrollers & Embedded