The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 1st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

The topic on number crunching

Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

Postby EGI1965 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm

As embedded engineer I'm taking my first steps into Raspbian Linux (but I also purchased a Banana Pi because it has more powerful SOC and 8Gby flash on-board). Banana uses a reworked Raspbian Jessie where the Raspberry has now Stretch. In both cases, I fail to compile request_irq linux function because the header files are not part of the standard install.
I installed the header files - as explained by various sites - but for some unknown reason I still can't compile the request_irq function even if I put the search directories to the location where I found headers that contain the request_irq function.
I want to achieve maximal power saving with minimal overhead and I can't do that with scripts like Python (in a time where energy saving is encouraged, why do we use such ineffective script languages?). If anybody has tips how to install / use GCC compiler on Raspberry / Banana Pi explaining the complete flow how to install and use the system headers please help.
EGI1965

Re: Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

Postby teprojects1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:46 am

I didn't get it .... :O Who told you that Python consumes more energy than C Language .... :P :D

I think you should go with Python if you are working on Raspberry Pi 3 ..... Python is very powerful language and you can easily do anything with it. If you want I can provide you some learning tutorials.
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects.
teprojects1

Re: Raspberry Pi Interrupt programming in C - Header install

Postby EGI1965 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:55 am

Python is way too slow and too power inefficient for what I want to do. I've tried and trashed it for that reason.
EGI1965

Return to Microcontrollers & Embedded