The Elektor Forum will close. See also this link. From Friday March 15st it is no longer possible to log in to the forum. However, the content of the forum will remain visible until the end of March. As of April 1st the forum will definitely go off the air.

Do you consider playing video games to be an actual hobby of

Title basically says it all

Do you consider playing video games to be an actual hobby of

Postby Nigan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 am

Hello everyone,,,
I played a lot of video games throughout high-school with my friends on Xbox Live. I'm 18 now and I've moved onto PC games, but I still really enjoy gaming and I try to make time for it (gotten past the point where I play because I'm bored and it's what my friends do).

I also love playing basketball, and when it comes to my mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ www.kodi.bio/ parents they always understand when I make time to go play ball with my friends. When I play video games, they assume it's just because I have nothing better to do. They consider it a waste of time, but basketball isn't (it isn't because ones physical activity).

Their reasoning for thinking this is probably because it's something I've always done (and can do at home with no effort) and they assume it's a normal way that teenage boys kill time. This post isn't about my parents parenting skills but rather their (and most people I know) opinion on gaming.

Do you really consider video games a hobby of yours (those that play)? I sure consider it one, but I rarely see other people giving credit to video games as a real hobby. I feel that most people think that's its just a way of passing time and that it doesn't really count as a hobby. What are you guys thoughts on this topic?
Nigan

Re: Do you consider playing video games to be an actual hobb

Postby StickiWik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm

I do not think that playing games can be considered a hobby, as it is a waste of time on me.
StickiWik

Return to Home, Garden, Games, Hobby