Do I have to clean my solar panels?

Title basically says it all

Do I have to clean my solar panels?

Postby weijing3333 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:28 am

Given that there isn’t too much rain to help with the cleaning, what is the typical solar panel maintenance attention that you would anticipate:
Is solar panel cleaning just typically wetting them down with hoses, or hand scrubbing? Dust obviously and a lot of birds out there.
Every other day, once a week, once a month?
weijing3333

Re: Do I have to clean my solar panels?

Postby ag » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:38 pm

I never clean mine. With a slope of 38 degrees the panels have remained clean. Hose water will tend to leave mineral deposits, which is not good. Wenn the snow slides off the panels in winter it does a good job in keeping the panel surfaces clean. I have been tracking my panel effeciency very closely now for 6 years, and they are stiill running at 100% compared to their output when they were initially installed. If your slope is sigificanty less, then cleansing could become an issue, but normally my advice would be - never clean!
Ag
ag

Postby Forrset » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:59 pm

Yes You have to clean them
Forrset

Postby zephira20 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:45 am

weijing3333 wrote:Given that there isn’t too much rain to help with the cleaning, what is the typical solar panel maintenance attention that you would anticipate:
Is solar panel cleaning just typically wetting them down with hoses, or hand scrubbing? Dust obviously and a lot of birds out there.
Every other day, once a week, once a month?

Hello,
Mine too , I'll also clean them as soon as possible.
zephira20

Postby christspringer271 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:35 pm

We used to clean our solar panels through coarse cloth covered sponge or soft brush and water to avoid scratches.
christspringer271

Postby MichaelKramer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:53 am

We have never cleaned our solar panel. Is cleaning the panel necessary?
MichaelKramer

Postby Marco Carducci » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Cleaning with chemicals is the best way to destroy your solar panels. Don't use chemicals and no high pressure. I use only special brushes and high purity (demineralized) water... otherwise the system can be damaged.
I'm going to learn some rules, the basic ones, and all the basic concepts. I need to know that to use at the table. But the game of roulette is like walking on a knife-edge: you can win and you can lose everything.
Marco Carducci

Return to Home, Garden, Games, Hobby