Elektor PCB prototyper - first PCB made!

The electronics enthusiast's product design cycle

Postby eminence2001 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

Ok then - prepare to be (reasonably) impressed. I've been designing a digital keyboard interface PCB for the Formant synth. This appeared in vol. 2 but was published only as a circuit diagram with no PCB layout, so I thought I'd have a go. It had to be double-sided really, otherwise I'd need loads of wire links, and don't we all hate wire links! Anyway, here is my first attempt. You will notice a little "test keyboard" on the bottom - I'm quite proud of that! Lots of thin tracks, vias, tracks between pads etc. The PCBBox didn't even bat an eyelid while producing this first prototype. Everything lined up perfectly. I didn't snap any drills or routers either. Must be doing something right! The first pic shows the top (component) side before tinning and the second one shows the solder side after tinning. You can see a printout of part of the CAD design underneath. I haven't had time to build it up yet. Will it work first time? Will it work at all? Stay tuned...
Attachments
Digital-keyboard-for-eBay.jpg
Digital-keyboard-tinned-for-eBay.jpg
eminence2001

Postby thijsbeckers » Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

Very nice. Why don't you put your design up for review on our .Labs-website (www.elektor-labs.com)? Perhaps you'll get published .
thijsbeckers

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:00 am

Hi,
I'm new on this topics and I'm stuck because I don't have a tools database and also no idea on how to fill some of the fields, any help will be great appreciated.

Thks

Re: Elektor PCB prototyper - first PCB made!

Postby nordic » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:58 am

Somebody on this forum knows how to get a new software key for the Elektor PCB Prototyper as Colinbus has gone bust recently. (The PC I ran the software on has a crashes harddrive and I need to reinstall the driver software again on a different machine !)

Any help is appreciated ;)

best regards from Alkmaar the Netherlands,

/Henk Hofstra
nordic

Postby eminence2001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:09 pm

My PCBBox died on me recently. I have been trying to email Colinbus to get it repaired, but got no answer. I tried phoning, but the number is not available. Now I hear rumours that Colinbus has gone bust!!! Please tell ne this isn't so, otherwise I am completely up the creek without a paddle!
eminence2001

Postby hacklordsniper » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:03 pm

I still have the tool databases and software if needed. Did really Collinbus go bust? If they did, it makes me happy after they stole my money for the junk i bought
hacklordsniper

Postby simian77 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Very sad to hear that collinbus has gone bust, mainly because my PC with the software and drivers has gone bust too #harddrive fail. Hacklord sniper could I get the software and drivers from you for the PCB Prototyper?
simian77

Postby HamRadio » Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 pm

nordic wrote:Somebody on this forum knows how to get a new software key for the Elektor PCB Prototyper as Colinbus has gone bust recently. (The PC I ran the software on has a crashes harddrive and I need to reinstall the driver software again on a different machine !)

/Henk Hofstra

Hallo Henk,,

Ik ben net nieuw op dit forum en begrijp dat ook jij een Colinbus CBBOX in je bezit heb..
IK heb deze machine begin 2012 aangeschaft maar nog te weinig tijd gehad om er mee te werken.
Ben sinds januari gestopt met werken en heb nu tijd voor de hobby.

Wat zijn je ervaringen met de machine, ik heb inmiddels ook gezien dat Colinbus (Franklin Industries) bankroet is en faillissement is afgehadndeld..

Met vriendelijke Groet,,

Opa-Giel..
HamRadio

Postby Elektor Editor » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:28 am

dear user "Opa Giel"

please communicate in English on this forum.

thank you

Editor
Elektor Editor

Postby Robotech » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:39 am

Hello Henk Hofstra,

Í hope sombody helped you with the software, I am living in the Netherlands too and have the same problem: I need the software for my prototyper
Can you help me?

Kind regards,
Bert Loos
Nuenen
HamRadio wrote:
nordic wrote:Somebody on this forum knows how to get a new software key for the Elektor PCB Prototyper as Colinbus has gone bust recently. (The PC I ran the software on has a crashes harddrive and I need to reinstall the driver software again on a different machine !)

/Henk Hofstra
Robotech

PreviousNext

Return to CAD, Simulation, PCBs, Making, 3D Printing