The electronics enthusiast's product design cycle

Re: colinbus contact

Postby christspringer271 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Thats a great info!
christspringer271

Postby Bender » Mon May 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello,
i received a Colinbus Profiler from a friend, a lot of software also included.
He said, he bought this machine, but do not use it for any years.
When he bought this machine, Colidrive and ColiLiner was part of the package.
He wanted to register the software, but he is waiting for the licence key till today.

So he gave the milling-machine to me, now I have the same problem.

I tryed to register Coliliner and Colidrive using the hints in this Post,
but I can´t find a hint for successfully registering.

When ich click to "Help"-> "About" so I can see following content.

Release: Professional (Evaluation Copy)
Version: 3.00 Revision: 2008/04/01

Worldwide distributed by:

Franklin Industries NV
Industriepark 62, 2235 Hulshout, Belgium
Tel. ++32 15 431081
Fax. ++32 15 430085

Email: info@franklin-industries.com
http://www.franklin-industries.com

User: Your Name

This program is protected by European
and international copyright law

I´m not able to save or export my test-drawing (my fault?) for using in Colidrive.

I bought Target3001 this year, so i could export a layout to colinbus format to use it in Colidrive.

Colidrive was able to use this file successfully for drawing the layout to paper, using a pencil (for first testing).

I tried to contact Colinbus, but the website ist offline (so I think),
tried to use google for finding latest version of these Software.... but ....no chance :-(

Did anyone download the latest files from colinbus before the Website gone offline? (Coliliner / Colidrive)
Please feel free to send the software to me, or contact me.

Actually I´m using ColiLiner 3.00 and ColiDrive 2.2.0.81 (newer versions welcome)

Contact to: pupilmaster@arcor.de
Bender

Postby nusbr » Fri May 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Could anyone send me ColiDrive and coliliner software?
Thanks
nusbr

Postby ymasquel » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 am

Hello Profiler users,

Colinbus threw in the sponge. No more hope to software upgrading. No more hope to repair the processor card if it fails. Users of this tool are like orphans. Some of them perhaps left it in a lost corner of their workshop.

I had the chance to obtain one of these milling machines from a generous giver and, after some analysis and adjustment I made a milling machine from a parallel port driven (using TURBOCNC on a FREEDOS system). The machine was then gone to the model making club of my village.

But the parallel port is quite a dead-end solution.

The best way (I think) should be :
- upgrade to a USB connecting;
- replacement of the processor and of course the board itself... a chance, this board is just plugged on the power / drivers board like I saw when I migrate to a parallel solution;
- drive the machine from any operating system (not yet from mainframes :D );
- use of public domain software;

Here is the result, look at the section PROFILER REVIVAL (my web server is on a Bananapi with sata drive).
Sorry for the video not so good quality (not selected for the "festival de Cannes" :lol: ) but you can see a 5mm wood mill softly engraving at 4mm depth a text in medium. The motor is activated from M-CODE commands and an accessory can do so (like a coolant system) from mains sockets at 1380W power.

Let me know if you are interested in that mod :
- I made a PCB directly pluggable on the power board of the PROFILER;
- a tool sensor make the usage simple. Mine seems rustic but is optical and reliable. It's out of plane position was made possible because I replaced the original toy motor by a more serious one but also more cumbersome producing an offset in the Y axis.

If a few of you are interested I'll possibly open an Elektor.LABS subject or perhaps an article in the magazine.
Amicalement,
Yves.
ymasquel
Site Admin

Postby HollyJuster » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi everyone...i am new user here. As per my knowledge there has been no further information and it seems that the bankruptcy is complete and no-one has bought the Colinbus part as a going concern. The home site is still operational. I suggest you download all the relevant files while you still can. Also, make sure that you have the computer in which Coliliner is installed backed up with a partition image program like Macrium Reflect or Ghost as there is no way to get the program re-authorised.You can install the latest version of Colidrive, but it may not work correctly with your Colinbus.dat file. Although they are standard Microsoft Jet database files, Colinbus have protected them with a password that I have not been able to guess or crack with a hex editor.
HollyJuster

Postby Jaka57 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:10 pm

HollyJuster wrote:.......... as there is no way to get the program re-authorised.You can install the latest version of Colidrive, but it may not work correctly with your Colinbus.dat file. Although they are standard Microsoft Jet database files, Colinbus have protected them with a password that I have not been able to guess or crack with a hex editor.
You have to read this tread from the beginning and you will find out everything what you have to know about registration (re-autorised) of their software.
And the password for .dat files is COLt657916 so you can open it with M$ Access.
There is another password in ColiDrive (Machine properties -> System -> Access level logon -> Change) named Oscar.
Regards,
Jaka
Jaka57

Postby Dacs.PT » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Hello everyone Profilers,

I have two versions of the software COLILINER PROFESSIONAL 1.0 and 3.0 do you know if it is possible to activate this version?

I have Version 3.53.7 with the revision of 11/21/2012 - This version is very limited when we have large copper surfaces.

I await your comments.

Regards,
David
Dacs.PT

Postby Jaka57 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Here is explained how to activate Coliliner.
Regards,
Jaka
Jaka57

Postby nieuw 2 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am

I have recently changed the original Colinbus Ruby controllercard for a Axemotion plugincard and axemotion Pulsebox Nxtg. The profiler works smoother than with the original Colinbus Ruby controller and is yet full 3-D instead of the 2,5-D with the Colinbus Ruby.

I've received the Gerber for PCB making from axemotion.

After the update you're no longer depending from the colinbus software.
nieuw 2

Previous

Return to CAD, Simulation, PCBs, Making, 3D Printing