Price comparisons for PCB manufacturers

The electronics enthusiast's product design cycle

Postby rea5245 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:28 pm

I've created a website, PCBShopper.com, that lets you compare prices from printed circuit board manufacturers. You enter the size, number of layers, quantity, etc. of your PCB and it shows you prices from over two dozen of the best known manufacturers in Asia, North America and Europe. You can also specify when you want the boards to arrive at your door, and PCBShopper considers shorter manufacturing times and faster shipping to find the cheapest way to meet your schedule.

I have another page, PCBShopper.com/cad, which has a list of free PCB CAD software, both open source and crippled versions of commercial software. There are several such lists on the web, but mine is different because, for the commercial software, it tells you what limitations have been imposed (e.g. size limits in Eagle, pin limits in DipTrace).

You can also read and write Amazon-style reviews of the manufacturers and software packages.

I hope people find this to be helpful resource.

- Bob
rea5245

Postby calpe1704 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi, based on projects that have appeared in Elektor magazine or items that have appeared in Elektor Labs, can you please advise from where the dimensions etc etc. can be found to use on your excellent web site?
calpe1704

Re: Price comparisons for PCB manufacturers

Postby SteveThack » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Bob,

Thank you for doing this. It's a fantastic resource and you've made a great contribution to the cause.

Very best,
Steve

Steve Thackery
Nottingham, UK
SteveThack

Re: Price comparisons for PCB manufacturers

Postby shadders » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi,

Yes, thanks for the site, very helpful. The list of CAD software is very helpful too.

Regards,

Shadders.
shadders

Return to CAD, Simulation, PCBs, Making, 3D Printing