Smart Battery Charger

OBD, CAN, EV, RV

Smart Battery Charger

Postby SteveMJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

I am looking for the design of a "Smart Battery Charger", there is at least one that claims to offer restorative features for a car's 12V battery.

I do not know the algorithms or techniques that these use and was searching here for any designs that could be made by me.

Has anyone a design or information on the algorithms used to charge, float charge and restore 12V lead-acid based batteries?

Thanks

I am not sure I am allowed to post links to commercial products, but here goes. I am thinking something like this: https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/mxs-10
SteveMJ

Re: Smart Battery Charger

Postby teprojects1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:52 am

When it comes to Smart Battery Charger, then you should first have a look at MPPT Charging. It's maximum power point tracking and its like you are adjusting the values of current and voltage to get the optimized results. So give it a search and will discuss out more.
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects.
teprojects1

Postby SteveMJ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 am

teprojects1 wrote:When it comes to Smart Battery Charger, then you should first have a look at MPPT Charging. It's maximum power point tracking and its like you are adjusting the values of current and voltage to get the optimized results. So give it a search and will discuss out more.

Hello,

Thank you for that. I have now looked up MPPT and that applies to optimising energy transfer from solar panels.
I was looking for something that might restore sulphated lead acid batteries as well as charge. There was a project in March/April 2017 (sorry I can't find a link to it) that claimed to de-sulphate.

Regards
SteveMJ

Postby SteveMJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:38 pm

I came across this:
https://www.edn.com/design/power-manage ... y-20181012

Any thoughts?

Steve
SteveMJ

Postby Daryl Roberts » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:00 pm

It is useful to have a small battery charger in your vehicle equipped whilst you want it. You can construct your very own dependable, inexpensive and clean to construct 12 Volt Car battery charger circuit.
Daryl Roberts

Return to Automotive Electronics