PB3D controller (famous)

Fragen, Erfahrungen und Tipps – von Lesern für Leser

Postby jaka1 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 am

I've got this new famous 3D controller but again this controller is some kind of basic version as coliliner.
So this controller has only 8 GPO (not 16) it hasn't any GPI, ref switch inputs, Jtag header, debug header......
Yes I'm very sorry that I didn't make some researches about Profiler and Colinbus before I purchase Profiler Pro.
In Attachment are picture of mine famous PB3D controller, manual what I've got from Juraj about GPIO connections and colinbus.dat file.
I have edited third page of this manual with red because pin descriptions are wrong!
With this colinbus.dat is possible to control spindle motor (pin 15 on IO extension), vacum table (p13), vacum cleaner(p11) and coolant(p9).
Attachments
de_PB3D.jpg
de_PB3D-GPIO.pdf
(304.63 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

[The extension dat has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

jaka1

Postby oric1 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 am

U3 is a darlington network ( ULN2803 ).

The pin 10 is connected to the diode for the supply of relay.

On the PB3D controller the output is connected . The input circuit is missing.
Due the pin-out of the input circuit, we could determine the U3 reference. Is also a ULN2803. The Input stage of this ULN2803 is composed with a resistor pull up to 3.3 V and a Capacitor to GND.
I think that capacitor could be a 10nF to 100 nF and resistor 10 Kohms.
the output stage of this ULN require a resistor pull up too.
10 Kohms will be a good value.
All these CMS component are 0603 size.

So i don't find were is connected the input to the TLS ( Tools Length system).'
oric1

Postby jaka1 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 am

Yes I agre with you about U3. I just wonder if we can connect panic push button on one of this inputs. If it is implemeted in software as outputs then it is possible but I think that table for definitions is missing in colinbus.dat.
Outputs are working exelent and when I start milling everything (motor, vacum cleaner, vacum table...) is switched on automatically. I was trying to get this data from colinbus support but Juraj just sent me that pdf on which are only proper connections for outputs so I had to measure all onnections from PB3D to I/O Extension again.
I'm far away from my home and I have a lot of time so I will put my eyes on Colidrive Pro software and try to find out what it is able to do and what isn't.

Best regards
jaka1

Postby oric1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 am

Hi,

The input circuit has been installed.
The test in the miscellaneous menu is ok, but i don't know where is conected the Tools Measure System and how use it.
Attachments
P5170055.JPG
P6140066.JPG
oric1

Postby oric1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 am

none
oric1

Return to Elektor-Fräsmaschine 'Profiler'