Neue Z-Achse, Eigenanfertigung aus Kaufteilen

Fragen, Erfahrungen und Tipps – von Lesern für Leser

Postby ome kaftoeter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 am

Hi Paul,

Again you are right and I made a mistake. For 24V the break even point between single and double winding is 15 mm/s. For 48V the break even point between single and double winding is about 37,5 mm/s.

So for maximum movement speed the single winding connection + pcb mod is always best. For maximum milling speed it depends on the colinbus pcb being 24V or 48V which connection will be best.

The transformer gives 30 Vac according to the silkscreen on the pcb. This will not be sufficient for 48V. But there are two huge elco's so I think I will have the measure the voltage to be sure.
But chances are big some voltage in between 24v and 48V is used.

So probably in the end it will not really matter that much which of both connection types is used if only the right current belonging to the connection type is used.

Regards, Michel
ome kaftoeter

Postby ome kaftoeter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am

In the end 1.4 amps is really too much for the motors. They get way too hot. I now put 1k2 and 390 ohms in place for R43 and R48 resulting in 1.2 amps motorcurrent. Now they still have the extra power but no excessive heating. This works really perfect. Have milled for over ten hours now with this mod. Just great. I now really have to face that I need the prof-z-axis.
ome kaftoeter

Postby woldig » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am

Hallo Michel!

Danke vielmals für all die Informationen. Machen Sie bitte weiter mit Ihrer guten Arbeit und dem Veröffentlichen Ihrer Ergebnisse. Ich bin einer Ihrer Bewunderer (Fans)und lese Ihre Veröffentlichungen regelmäßig.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, woldig

Hi Michel!

Thanks a lot for all the information. Please keep up the good work, and posting your results. I am one of your fans (admirer) and read your postings regularly.

Best regards, woldig
woldig

Postby thieu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am

Yesterday I have also made the modification.

I have placed a 3K3 in parrallel to the 2K2. So the current will arround 1.28 A.

Speeds are great! I can pull at the portal and the steppers doesn't block!
thieu

Previous

Return to Elektor-Fräsmaschine 'Profiler'