'Messaging Spin Top' aka 'The Spinner'

Questions générales... en particulier !

'Messaging Spin Top' aka 'The Spinner'

Postby zen » Thu May 28, 2015 2:59 pm

I purchased 'The Spinner' in the recent Elektor Sale, assuming it to be the 'Messaging Spin Top ' featured in Dec 2008. Upon receiving it I found there were significant differences. There is only one battery and one inductor as opposed to the original having two of each. It also has a sounder which the original didn't. Most importantly the DIL switch is 4-way rather than 2-way .I cannot get this device working (battery checked o.k.). I contacted Elektor to ask for confirmation that it was shipped as programmed , tested and fully functioning. I also asked for the user instructions and the schematic diagram. The rather unhelpful reply was that 'The Spinner' was only meant for the Dutch market. Without the instructions, I don't know if have failed to follow the correct procedure to get it functioning or if it is faulty. Any help from fellow members would be greatly appreciated. Zen.
zen

Re: 'Messaging Spin Top' aka 'The Spinner'

Postby Elektor Editor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am

The SPINNER publication was in Dutch only and is not available in English. SPINNER product erroneously advertised on Elektor's English Store website. OP has been advised of options by email.
Elektor Editor

Return to Électronique générale.